Friday, October 12, 2012

26 Weeks and feeling blessed




I will actually be 27 weeks tomorrow, but I forgot to post this picture last week. At my last appt a few weeks ago they said this little boy is already measuring big, so I'm hoping that means I will get to meet him a little earlier :)

Life has been a little crazy and a little hard these past 2 or 3 weeks, but trust me, this is not a post meant to whine and complain (even though it will seem like it at first). Lets start by explaining that while we were in Hawaii a month ago I had to go to the ER cause my back was hurting so bad. I thought I had a kidney stone or something. Everything turned out ok, but I was bed ridden for 4 days and in a lot of pain.

We recently got the bill for that visit and OH MY GOSH. The bill was excessive and ridiculous, especially considering I waited over 2 hours to be seen, and I was with the doctor for 2, maybe 3 minutes. All they did was run a urinary analysis and then send me home with some pain killers. NEVER go to the ER in hawaii unless you absolutely have to. Im told its so much more expensive because they have to ship over all the medical supplies. THEN, later that same week we received not 1, but 2 more medical bills for my pregnancy check ups, each with a nice price tag as well. So within one week we watched well over half of our savings go out the door. This has been a source of A LOT of anxiety, as we now have NO WHERE near what it will cost to pay for the labor and delivery of this baby in 3 short months, much less taking a maternity leave, buying all the baby supplies we will need before hand, ect. Plus I'm pregnant, which means I cry when I get stressed :) so a lot of tears have been shed. We also desperately need new tires on one of our cars, we need to pay for Chucks school, ect. Plus our house still hasn't sold, which is another source of anxiety for me. I REALLY dont want to move at 9 months pregnant, or with a new born baby. I REALLY want to sell the house and move before the baby comes. 

All of these things (plus more that I wont bore you with the details) have left me feeling overwhelmed and full of stress and anxiety. I sit down and do the math, and try to look 3 months into the future to when this baby joins our family and its really hard for me to see how things will be different by then, and how our problems now wont be problems then. But like I said this post isnt meant to be about whining and complaining. I actually wanted to share with you guys how incredibly blessed I have been feeling. At every single turn we have had incredible blessings sent our way, both big and small. I can literally count on something good happening to us as soon as something bad happens. We got a huge bill, then someone who owed us money came and dropped it off, plus a little extra cause they "were feeling generous". We have been offered a free crib, my amazing brother decided to purchase a car seat and stroller for us just because he felt like it. I have booked more photography jobs in the past 3 weeks than I had in the past 3 months, and every single one so far has paid me more than my asking rate, just 'because'. Ive been given opportunities to work extra house and therefore earn 'extra' money. Then two days ago as im walking out from work and getting into my car I see a note on my steering wheel that says 'Someone loves you' and when I opened it up it was an invoice from a tire shop. Someone had kidnapped my car while I was at work and purchased 4 brand new tires and an alignment. I also found out that I might be double covered for insurance, which would be INCREDIBLE, im crossing my fingers that it all works out. There have been so many other little miracles for us that I cant even list them all. As overwhelmed as I feel with all of the bad things that seem to be happening to us, im equally if not more so overwhelmed with how loved and blessed we are. I am so thankful for the people in our lives who love us and take care of us, and im so grateful for my heavenly father who has sent those people and those blessings to us at exactly those times when we needed them most. Every single blessing we have received has come at such a critical time. It has really opened my eyes to how aware my heavenly father is of me and my little family. Like I said earlier, its really hard for me to look to the future right now and see how it will all be ok, but I have absolutely no doubt that everything will turn out exactly the way it is supposed to and we will be perfectly alright. Please know that while things seem hard right now, we really are doing so well and are so happy. We are so excited to meet this baby boy in 3 months. With everything combined it seems like the most inconvenient time to be having a baby, but we have never doubted that he will be a huge blessing. Chuck and I both feel so strongly that if this is the time heavenly father decided was right for us to start our family, then this is the right time.
THANK YOU to all those who have helped. We love and appreciate you more than you know. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I'm in love with this post :) Once I get my call, let's go to the temple like every day...we'll get SO many blessings!

    ReplyDelete