Friday, December 14, 2012

36 Weeks

Where to start! So many exciting developments since I posted last, so I guess ill pick up where that post left off.  My doc had given us the option of a c section, or a normal delivery but he wouldn't let me push. My baby boy will more than likely be pretty big, so a natural delivery with no pushing would likely be long and hard and might end up in a c section anyways. I also talked to my sister who recently had a c section by the same doctor and after weighing the options we have decided to schedule the c section. I am scheduled to have this little guy on Tuesday January 8th 2013! And of course if my little guy decides to make his entrance earlier than the 8th we will just head to the hospital and prep for a c section at that time. Having a date set feels like a light at the end of the tunnel and my attitude has gotten a lot better. Trust me, I still think the 3rd trimester sucks :) but im back to also being excited. Unfortunately almost my entire family will be in Hawaii on the 8th, but my mom flies back the morning of the 8th. We are trying to schedule for later in the afternoon so she can be there. Wish us luck! We are so excited to meet our little man! The doc estimated that the baby weighs around 7 pounds right now, and im only 36 weeks! By the time January 8th comes around this kid is gonna be a giant. My work recently threw a baby shower for me and as part of a game they took my baby picture and Chucks baby picture and combined them to show us what baby Wesley will look like. Pretty cute, right? It makes me laugh :)



Im 36 weeks as of tomorrow and im feeling ready and optimistic. Each day this gets harder... the bigger I get the harder it is to do every day activities. The other day I dropped something at work and groaned as I struggled to pick it up and the doctor I work for said "Ok Kristi, from here on out if you drop something just let me pick it up" :) Getting a good nights sleep doesnt happen very often anymore and my hips pop when I roll over in bed. Im getting heart burn pretty bad and ive got sore ribs from where his butt pushes almost all day long. But being as uncomfortable as I am just means im that much closer to meeting my baby boy. Chuck and I feel so humbled and blessed that we get to be parents and we are just counting down the days till he is here.


In other news - our house finally sold! This has been a source of A LOT of anxiety for us over the last 7 months. We honestly thought our house would sell a lot faster and it presented a lot of obstacles for us  and has caused us to feel like our lives have been on pause. Our 'worst nightmare' was that we would have to move with me  being 9 months pregnant, or with a brand new baby. Well our 'worst nightmare' is coming true and we will be moving at the end of January, so the baby will be about 3 weeks old. Our lives over the last 8 months have not gone at all as planned and its certainly been hard to feel like we dont have control over our own lives, but its taught us a lot of valuable lessons and honestly im grateful for all that we have learned. One of the things that we learned is that having to move with a new born certainly does not qualify as 'worst nightmare' material. Im just gratefull that the house finally sold, we have a new place to call home, we have a baby on the way and that we can finally start making forward progress in life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment