Tuesday, August 28, 2012

20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go

This post isnt anything special. Im just gonna share a few random facts,  just for documentations sake.

Im half way done! Even though ive got 20 weeks under my belt now, another 20 weeks still seems sooo far away. We really havent done anything to get ready for this baby, no clothes, supplies, nothing, because I feel like I still have so much time. But im starting to realize this baby will be here sooner than I realize.

I was supposed to find out yesterday if its a boy or a girl, but I took a weekend work trip to Florida, and we got stuck there a couple extra days because if hurricane Isacc, and I missed my appt. Luckily they were able to get me in pretty fast, and I get to find out what it is tomorrow. We are very excited. To be honest im hoping for a girl, but its probably because we have picked out a girl name that we are in LOVE with. Ill share the name later if we find out its a girl. Right now we have our hearts set on this girl name so much so that I think ill have a few moments of let down if it turns out to be a boy. I know that sounds awful. Really ill be happy with a boy if thats whats growing inside me. We just really like this name :)

I feel like I started showing really early, but around 18 weeks I feel like I exploded!  Im actually starting to worry this baby will be HUGE. Especially with my families medical history. My mom had monstrously huge babies. Im taking 12 pound babies. Plus I have insulin resistance, my mom is diabetic, and Chucks dad is diabetic. All these things add up to mean I will likely have a decent sized baby.

I feel the baby move on a regular basis now, usually right at bed time. Chuck still hasnt been able to feel the baby, but I'm feeling the movements much stronger now, so im thinking its just a matter of time before he feels it. Ive also starting feeling some insane pressure in my lower abdomen, and when I feel the area with my hand my stomach is sooo hard. Ive had a couple people tell me its probably the baby, hanging out front and center and what im feeling when I touch my stomach is actually my babies back. I dont know if its true or not, but its a cool thought.

 Ive definetly had a few unpleasant pregnancy symptoms so far, but I count myself lucky. I really havent been too sick or anything unbareable. BUT. At work last week a co worker heated up his lunch in the break room and oh my goodness, I honestly thought I was going to throw up. The smell made me sooo nauseous. Then the same thing happened to me yesterday while I was walking through the airport. I dont even know what it was that I smelt, but I really did think I was gonna loose my dinner.

And here is my 20 week picture

No comments:

Post a Comment